Pasta salad is one of my favorites for keeping in the fridge. Makes great quick lunches, side-dishes for supper, snacks, etc. And you can do just about whatever suits your fancy with them (see my entry on BLT pasta salad, just to prove that point!) Plus, it’s a handy way to introduce some fiber and raw vegetables into the meals.
I’ll describe what I used for this variation, but put your creative hat on & use what you and your family enjoy.
- 1 box pasta, fully cooked (I prefer whole wheat pasta)
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp dried parsley (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley)
- 1 cup diced cheddar (small dice)
- enough salad dressing to lightly moisten the mixture (I used Ceasar dressing)
Mix all ingredients, chill and serve.
Other suggestions: Parmesan cheese, olives, cherry tomatoes, artichokes, steamed asparagus, beans, red cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, snow peas, zucchini