Pasta salad is one of my favorites for keeping in the fridge. Makes great quick lunches, side-dishes for supper, snacks, etc. And you can do just about whatever suits your fancy with them (see my entry on BLT pasta salad, just to prove that point!) :) Plus, it’s a handy way to introduce some fiber and raw vegetables into the meals.
I’ll describe what I used for this variation, but put your creative hat on & use what you and your family enjoy.
- 1 box pasta, fully cooked (I prefer whole wheat pasta)
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp dried parsley (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley)
- 1 cup diced cheddar (small dice)
- enough salad dressing to lightly moisten the mixture (I used Ceasar dressing)
Mix all ingredients, chill and serve.
Other suggestions: Parmesan cheese, olives, cherry tomatoes, artichokes, steamed asparagus, beans, red cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, snow peas, zucchini